Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sleep

I've read that poor sleep patterns are bad for diabetes. Many ADD'rs have sleep problems. I can get sleepy even on a bright summer day. Some ADD traits seem like underarousal, like a sleepy brain. A variant of ADD is called "sluggish cognitive tempo". I feel like that sometimes. Like things go by so fast, or I'm too busy thinking of my own stuff. I jump around alot throughout the day from task to task and thought to thought. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by how much I have to do, when really I do very little. I have to motivate myself to do dishes or pay bills. Then I'll get in a jamb or get angry with myself and then I can do things effectively for a while. Then I lose interest as something else comes up. Current events, a movie, a topic I obsess on and reasearch. Then I branch out to a new vein somewhere along the way and nothing happens with the first thing.

No comments: