Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hey- about hunger

I'll say this too. I'm not looking to "diet" or "eat less" or "cut calories". I eat until I'm not hungry, and eat when I'm hungry. I used to be not so good at telling when I was hungry or what I wanted. Food was more like a drug to make myself feel better. I think eating lots of carbs fires up Serotonin in the brain. But when your sugar crashes so does your mood. I also ate late at night, so I wonder how that fits in with my bad sleep habits? Did I want a boost, so the drop in blood sugar later would make me more sleepy, or help me sleep? Or was I just bored late at night? So I eat when I'm hungry, and I notice a huge change in my hunger level when I don't eat a ton of carbs. Cookies, chips, donuts. I used to work at this place, and I ate three donuts and coffee every day before work, cause it was across the street. Two hours later, my stomach ached I was so hungry. I noticed that when I binged on cookies late at night, the next day again, my stomach was growling with hunger.

No comments: