Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 78 Monday June 25

FOOD:

Breakfast:
bacon and eggs

Lunch:
mcdonalds chicken strips-fried

Dinner:
2 pcs fried chicken
2 pcs fried fish

EXERCISE: walk 1 hour
WEIGHT: 284
BLOOD SUGAR:
KETONES:

EVENTS/MOOD/ALERTNESS:
Well, it was a BBQ June 17th that started my slide. Or rather stall. A few items, a cupcake, potato salad, beans, etc. And since then fried foods on a few occasions. The pattern is clear. I need to get back to what I've been doing which was working.

Also, starting Monday I decided to get to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am no matter what. I might stay up later, but I need to get up at the right time to set my clock. Get up and get out- and go for a walk, set myself to the sun.

I am ready to order a bunch of grassfed but I have to wait until I get paid Friday. I bought weight lifting stuff but now I need a new barbell.

In an okay mood I guess. Had one down episode a few days ago, but feeling fine. I read something about dopamine deficiency causing a lack of long term vs. short term planning. They said that people would also be affected by emotions in the short term. I've heard that said about ADD'rs, that they react strongly to upsets but bounce back. So they don't get in months of depression, but every little setback hits them hard for a while. I can identify with that. Something will happen and I get so down, and a day later I'm in my car driving and singing with the radio and feeling fine. The problem is lack of a long term focus. Focus to say "this is only temporary- focus on the long term goal".

Read some great stuff about BDNF being affected by high sugar high saturated fat diets, and that lack of BDNF causes brain problems AND metabolic syndrome problems. The link.

No comments: