Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 66, Wednesday June 13

FOOD:

Breakfast:bacon and eggs (omega3 of course)

Lunch: 1 pc fried chicken
small salad
4 oz italian roast beef and giardianera- good!

Dinner: homemade stirfry:
grassfed, broccoli, onion, pepper, a few baby carrots (used 2 T corn starch in recipe)

EXERCISE:
WEIGHT: 286 (weight seems to have stalled- not concerned)
BLOOD SUGAR: 89
KETONES:

EVENTS/MOOD/ALERTNESS: Need to exercise more. Need to watch the slips, with breaded fast food, bbq sauce being the two problem areas I can see. When I'm out and hungry, I'd be better off with a salad, and maybe a burger sans bun, to avoid the breading and sauce. I use and like the 1 carb ketchup at home, but the stuff at fast food places is super sugary.

I'm really considering quitting drinking. I don't do it that often, but every week or two I do, and sometimes I do too much, and drive when I shouldn't, or miss a day of work (2 this year) from being hung over. I've been reading about how it affects the brain, esp. the prefrontal cortex, which the area I'm concerned with since it relates to ADD. Also have been avoiding pot, and thinking of making this a standing thing, at least for a few months. I really like that, and I would miss it occasionally. Not sure how bad it is. We all know it's not a killer like alcohol, but with all the reading I've been doing, it seems like the brain is a sensitive thing, and all kinds of activities affect it. I'm at the point where I want to pull out all the stops, and see if I can affect it for the better.

I read stuff recently about insulin blocking dopamine. So being obese and insulin resistant I guess could have mood affects. And exercise, even one session, has a good impact on insulin resistance. And pumps more blood and dopamine into the prefrontal cortex.

Health has been decent. Looking at small things. No colds since I started this regimin, no skin tags or skin infections like I used to have (at one point terrible ones- I think there's a connection to insulin resistance, like the skin tags. Big toes used to be sore, but that's much better, although it did flare up a while ago. Walking and losing weight should help that. Occasional whitehead on nose, but skin decent. Feeling more alert and energetic. Once in a while I'll think of something to do, like a chore, and I'll just do it and it seems easy. Something that I might have put off before. Still a long way from where I want to be, but feeling better. Sleep patters still suck big time. Deficiency in the prefrontal cortex leads to executive dysfunction, which is poor planning and orientation to the present rather than the future. Short term rather than long term. Future blindness. Not finishing tasks, not sticking with a task until completion. I def. have that trait/syndrome!

Feeling a little more sociable, but not much. Missed a ton of opportunites today for instance to chat up cute girls and cool people at work. Living in my own little world still sometimes.

No comments: